- Teams or individuals are invited to apply to the Healthcare Hackathon to solve a problem
in one of the three categories.
- A panel of experts will present on the themes and detail the problem statements on
Friday. They will also be available to answer questions for a limited amount of time.
- There will be healthcare and technical workshops held throughout the event, including
ones that cover the lean business canvas, Kawasaki deck, and grading rubric.
- There will be wellness activities throughout the event (yoga and morning run) as well
as healthy food and coffee.
- A folder of resources will be developed for the teams that includes: self-paced modules,
pitch templates, and the judging rubric.
- A Slack channel will be used for teams to communicate between each other and to request
assistance from mentors, specialists and experts.
- Teams will pitch their solutions (2-3 minutes) in their category group.
- The final three pitches will be awarded $10K and will advance to the final pitch competition.
- The final pitch competition will take place the morning of September 27 at the Healthcare
Hub Groundbreaking for a chance to win an additional $5K.
Diverse teams are encouraged! Though we want solutions to be technology-focused, we
want to stress that every level of experience has a voice. Because everyone uses technology,
we all have a viewpoint. We encourage and give priority to diverse teams made up of
entrepreneurs, healthcare practitioners, healthcare companies, community organizers,
students, writers, researchers, technologists, community members, patients, artists,
and problem solvers.
Individuals are also encouraged to apply. The event will begin with begin with a member
matchmaking exercise for individuals interested in joining a team or bringing in members
to their own team.
While those under 18 are encouraged to participate, chaperone's will need to be provided
and those under 18 will need to go home at 10pm and will be allowed to return at 7am.